What is our Pest Control?
Explore Our Services
Pest activity can severely affect the offshore industry activity negatively impacting humans and the human environment but it is an area that is often overlooked until a problem is discovered. Main problems associated with pests infestation on offshore gas and oil rigs, and offshore support vessels are:
- Introduction of bacteria causing food contamination.
- Structural damage.
- Health problems and diseases transmitted to personnel.
Our Integrated Offshore Pest Control Sytem and Fumigation and Desinsectation Services are a combination of procedures where all available means, whether physical, chemical or biological, are used together to combat a pest or to design a strategic control and prevention plan for gas/oil rigs and maintenance and support vessels.
This system is an evolution from traditional pest control strategies. It is a process based on technology which limits the use of chemicals when and where possible. Our INTEGRATED PEST CONTROL follows the premises of:
- Identification of the target pest or pests.
- Knowledge of their location in the facility and population density, as well as biology and life habits.
- Determination the degree of incidence or infestation.
- Placement of monitoring systems.
- Complementary cleaning program.
Consists on the modification of the environmental and structural conditions that allow the proliferation of the particular pest species.
Consists on the use of predatory organisms and treatment techniques that use the specific biology of the species for eradication.
Chemical control is, ultimately, the way to control either a persistent pest or one that we have not been able to eradicate with previous methods.
Pineda Offshore Services